2021 Green Tea Tastebox - Liquid Jade
Two special taste boxes release the freshest hues. We selected the best quality green teas in two different variants, to let you savour every slight difference in flavor between the best quality cultivars, and to give you a glimpse of the most ancient and appreciated category of tea.
THE EMPEROR'S TEA: LONGJING 龙井
The most famous green tea in the world, and Emperor Qianlong's favorite, is the protagonist of this very specific taste box, for those who want to know every single shade of flavour of this unique quality. Inside the taste box you will find:
- Longjing Imperial Harvest
- Longjing Emperor's Garden
- Longjing Cultivar 43
JIARE 加热: TO GIVE WARMTH
The most important step in the production of green tea is shaqing - literally "killing green" - that is enzymatic deactivation through heat. Thanks to this process, the leaves keep their natural emerald green color, and their fresh aroma. Killing green can be done in different ways, and each method gives the leaves a peculiar aroma.
Through this taste box we will explore three different types of shaqing:
- Taiping Houkui: the long and slender shape of these leaves is made on a wok, warmed by coal fire at a temperature of over 200 degrees. The leaves are dark in color, but the infusion is light and pleasant. Then, a very delicate roasted aroma emerges quietly in the aftertaste, warming our palate.
- Anjibaicha: these jade needles are delicately warmed by oven, reaching a temperature of about 100 degrees. The infusion is the most delicate, and releases an overwhelming sweetness, that lasts for a long time after drinking the pure liquor.
- Enshi Yulu: made by steaming killing green. This is a very ancient technique, whose roots go back to Tang and Song dynasties. The flavour is the most refreshing, and leaves an intense note of cooked vegetables.
Each taste box includes 3 teas of 25 gr. each, for a total of 75 gr. for each taste box.
The years of commitment to our land, taking care of the trees and trying to achieve to best quality through the leaf-processing, continuously learning season after season, allowed us to build valuable relationships with other tea-producers all over China that we are glad to support and share with you.
Our constantly updated offer includes all tea categories: white, green, yellow, dark (fermented heicha), and wulong.
Follow us on our social channels to travel with us and to meet all our fellow producers!
For all European countries and America we ship through our distributor located in Italy, while for Asia, Oceania and African countries we use our logistic center located in China.
For European countries there is no custom-clearance procedure; for all the other shipments we accompany the package with all the necessary papers to ensure the fastest process possible.
Within the European Union the shipping time is between 1-5 days, while for Extra-UE shipment the delivery time varies between 5 and 12 days. Orders are shipped on Wednesday and Friday: for special requests, please add a note to your order, we will endeavor to fulfill them.
In Europe and US we ship through TNT Express courier or UPS; For shipments in Italy, you can select a TNT point where to collect your package, while for shipments in the US you can choose a UPS point. In Asia we use EMS.
Eastern Leaves’s Guarantee
We guarantee the product will arrive securely as well as beautifully packed. While very rare, breakage in shipping can happen. In the unlikely event of breakage please contact us and we will replace the defected item with no additional charge. Please email email@example.com to arrange for a replacement or return.
I chose this box to taste green teas that I have never tried before and this selection has accompanied me on a delightful discovery journey. I am happy and satisfied with my purchase.
Website photos and descriptions match the products and Eastern Leaves' staff is extremely kind and helpful in offering suggestions and support.