Tea Towel - Chinese Paintings
Five historical Chinese paintings sealed in these beautiful towels, that will transform your everyday tea time, into an aesthetic pleasure.
They represent some of the greatest masterpieces of Shan Shui art, literally "mountains and rivers", the traditional Chinese painting style which depicts the beauty of nature, as the artist perceives it.
The cloths are available in 5 different variants:
1. Dwelling in the Fuchun Mountain (富春山居图): the greatest masterpiece by Huang Gongwang, dating back to the year 1350, Yuan Dynasty. The artist spent the last years of his life on this mountain, and his feelings are carved in the pure white color of the landscape, and in the soft shapes of the hills.
2. Along the River During the Qingming Festival (清明上河图): painted by Zhang Zeduan in 1101, Song dynasty, is one of the most famous and marvelous paintings in all of China. With its detailed landscape, composed of 817 people, 170 trees, 60 animals, 30 buildings, 28 boats, and more than 20 tea-houses, this masterpiece gives a glimpse of the flourishing life of the Song dynasty.
3. A Thousand Miles of Mountains and Rivers (千里江山图): painted between 1111 and 1117, Song Dynasty, by Wang Ximeng, when he was only 18 years old. The original scroll is 11.9 meters long, and its peaks are painted in soft shades of blue, reminiscent of the first morning lights.
4. Auspicious Cranes (瑞鹤图): created by Emperor Huizhong, ruler of the Song Dynasty. The painting depicts a real gathering of cranes that happened above the emperor's palace in 1112, the year of creation of this legendary masterpiece. Despite his ineptitude as a ruler, Huizhong is recognized as one of the greatest artists in ancient China and patron of the Chinese arts.
5. The fifth painting is by an anonymous Song dynasty artist and depicts a grasshopper and a golden scarab chasing each other in the mountain grass. This kind of painting, delicate and pleasant, was popular among the literary classes of the Song period.
28 x 28 cm
For all European countries and America we ship through our distributor located in Italy, while for Asia, Oceania and African countries we use our logistic center located in China.
For European countries there is no custom-clearance procedure; for all the other shipments we accompany the package with all the necessary papers to ensure the fastest process possible.
Rest of the World
Within the European Union the shipping time is between 1-5 days, while for Extra-UE shipment the delivery time varies between 5 and 12 days. Orders are shipped on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: for special requests, please add a note to your order, we will endeavor to fulfill them.
In Italy we ship through BRT. In Europe and US we ship through DHL Express courier or UPS; For shipments in Italy, you can select a BRT point where to collect your package, for shipments Europe you can choose a UPS point, and for the US you can choose a DHL service point. In Asia we use EMS.
Eastern Leaves’s Guarantee
We guarantee the product will arrive securely as well as beautifully packed. While very rare, breakage in shipping can happen. In the unlikely event of breakage please contact us and we will replace the defected item with no additional charge. Please email email@example.com to arrange for a replacement or return.
These tea towels are now a staple in my tea brewing space. They absorb water so well and dry easily. Occasionally I use them instead of a tray or mat as they are a pleasure to look at. They are a perfect combination of being both functional and beautiful.
I will be sure to get more in the future.
Dear Marjolein, thank you for your review, that catches so much about Chinese culture We are using our winter for further fabric sourcing, and hopefully we will improve our range. Best from all of us
Beautiful hue and details paintings, the texture is very soft & comfortable to use.
Perfect to create a pretty table for moments of tea/gongfu cha !
Dear Quentin, thanks for your warm and detail review! We love these towels, and we love to continuosly bring new designs and table-size landscapes for our gonfu-moments.
I bought 2 tea towels, and i am so glad. They are so inspiring, easy to clean, and soft.